- Soft materials like silk for the delicate skin.
- Uniform distribution for protection against moisture.
- Magic gel for ensuring overnight dryness.
- Elastic side bands ensures perfect anatomic fit.
- These diapers are little expensive.
Disposable diapers are part of the baby needs in the first years of life. Therefore, before choosing the best one, I have tested a number of commercially available diapers before I arrived at a best one.
In the first years of life, babies care involves not only the food and love but use of high-quality products. Of these, some items are definitely indispensable like diapers; going to be used for the first hours of life and up to advanced ages 4-5 years, depending on the case. Choosing the right diaper for my newborn was not an easy thing, but here is why I opted for pampers.
Regardless of climate, season and temperature, newborn diapers are indispensable. There are many models and offers available in the market and when I opted for Pampers baby dry, I considered numerous factors. Here under are a few of those.
Factor to keep in mind before choosing a diaper
In my case, I looked at several important factors before finalizing.
- Type: indicates the degree of convenience to use these accessories in relation to the purchase price.
- Easy to change: How easy is it to change?
- Comfortableness: How comfortable my baby is?
- Dryness: How long it can keep my baby dry?
- Skin irritation: How my baby’s skin is reacting to that diaper?
- Size: Although manufacturers specify the age for which baby’s product must be used, yet it is necessary to take into account the child’s body conformation before taking a decision.
- Materials: You have to analyze the material as well because you must know what all substances may come into contact with the sensitive skin of children.
On an average, a baby needs about 5,400 diapers in three years; diapers are therefore necessary. It’s an investment, right? Yet, inevitable. The companies producing diapers have all these figures and they try to do everything to impact the choices made by parents. So, endless competition can be expected in terms of absorption capacity, comfort, ease of handling, or the price. I have tested many other brands before I opted for Pampers Baby Dry.
How I tested diapers
Let me start by saying that I had these tests two months before my baby’s arrival time. To test the strength and speed of absorption, I tried to simulate the effect of four consecutive urine every half hour. I used a mixture made of 9 grams of table salt to each liter of water to simulate the effect of baby urine.
Initially poured 80 ml of liquid into all diapers (tested four top class newborn baby diapers including pampers) and allowed 5 minutes to see the power and speed of absorption, and after 5 minutes I exerted a pressure similar to that exerted by the butt of a baby to see power absorption.
After 30 minutes I repeated the procedure, this time with 75 ml of fluid on all diaper, waited for 5 minutes to see all of the absorption speed and exerting the same pressure to test the strength of the absorption.
After another 30 minutes, I poured another 65 ml of liquid on all those newborn baby diapers and did the same. Finally, I poured another 60 ml quantity of solution and repeated the same. All tests I conducted, I strictly used the same test conditions for every diaper.
To make sure that I am having unbiased results, I conducted these tests on the same size of each baby diaper brand.
Although, all newborn baby diapers managed to retain the amount of liquid used, yet Pampers remains the best brand diaper for newborn according to me.
Things that I was testing these diapers for; I found all of them in Pamper’s Active Baby Dry brand; a diaper with an increased absorption capacity, better maneuverability and provides additional freedom to the baby for free movement. After four spills, Pamper baby-dry satisfied me. Here is why I liked it.
- Smooth as silk: soft materials like silk for the delicate skin
- Absorbent: uniform distribution for protection against moisture up to 12:00
- Breathable: allow air to circulate diaper to keep your baby protected
- Magic gel: for ensuring overnight dryness and it protects your baby’s delicate skin from rash
- Elastic side bands: ensures perfect anatomic fit and offers extra comfort
Guidelines to remember
- Also, many diapers claim full night dryness, but it is recommended to change the diaper every two hours.
- Do apply some coconut oil (not massage), every time you change the diaper.
- You are not supposed to tight your baby’s diaper. Always tie is loose; let the air pass through it.
- Never use pant style diapers for newborn.
I hope these tips will be of some help to you. Do you have any with yours, please share in the comment section below.